Wednesday 29 January 2014

Ironman 70.3 2015

So I have committed to entering and completing my first Ironman 70.3 Event in 2015. 

For those that are not sure what this is let me explain: The Ironman 70.3 is a Triathlon or Multisport Event that covers exactly that distance of 70.3 Miles. It sounds way more bad ass when converted into KM, so I digress. It starts with a 1.9KM Swim (1.2 Miles), you then transition into a 90KM Bike Ride (56 Miles) and then finally transition into a 21.1KM Run (13.1 Miles). The Elite guys finish this race around the 4 Hour mark, which is absolutely mind blowing quick!!

The entry fee for the race is R2000 but my goal is to raise enough money to make a sponsorship toward the 'Ironman 4 The Kids' Charity (http://www.ironman4thekidz.co.za), which requires an additional R5000 sponsorship. 

My training and progress will be closely documented on my blog and hopefully within 20-30 weeks of consistent training I will be race ready. The race is almost exactly a year away (51 weeks) and will be taking place on 25 January 2015 in East London. So once I reach race fitness it will be much easier to maintain until race day. 

All I'm asking for is a donation/sponsorship whether it be small or large, personal or from a company, every cent counts. 

If you are willing to make a donation or sponsorship please get in touch with me via one of the following channels.

Email: Nexo.Crimson@gmail.com
Facebook: Brendon Bowie
Twitter: @Nexo6236

Look forward to hopefully achieving the accompliahment of raising enoughoney and therefore being able to train and compete in the event in 2015.

Peace

-Nexo-

No comments:

Post a Comment