Sunday 20 October 2013

Has To Be Done

So as much as I finally sat down and started this blog, I am going to put myself in a position to get out and get in shape. No more fucking around. No more excuses. I feel that if I put it on this blog I am no longer only accountable to myself but also to whoever may read this! My biggest fear is looking back a week, a month or even a year from now and wishing I had started today! 

This motivation has stemmed from various sources but mostly by my interest in Trail Running, Adventure Racing, Kloofing and also Obstacle Course Racing - a phenomena that is spreading quickly around the world! 

With the help of my sister-in-law (to be one day), she started a Charity called 'Tree Climbing Fish'. It's a charity that deals with bullying, the awareness thereof and then obviously to try and prevent it. This is something that I am very passionate about, as the environment we grew up was bad enough, but the kids now a days are growing up in situations more mature than they should be exposed to. So we have started an Obstacle Course Racing "team" to raise money and obviously awareness towards anti-bullying.

This is where getting in shape comes in. I used to be school boy fit, but with hours, days, weeks, months and years spent working very hard I have lacked on my general wellness. From exercise to nutrition, I slacked and I let go. To my detriment. It became a vicious circle, the worse I felt about myself and how I looked, the more I punished myself for it with my terrible ways and lifestyle. The amazing woman in my life always said, "If there is something that you don't like about yourself, change it!" So thats what I'm going to do. The thing is, there is somebody much busier than me, outside running right now... In the rain. So what's my excuse? I shouldn't have one, and I don't. 

I started training a while a go, but work got in the way. So it was patchy, and so were my results! I have lost 5kgs and kept it off, but still need to lose more. Also, its not really about the weight, I don't have a goal weight, I need to get in shape. Feeling better and looking better! 

Not sure I will publish any before/after pics, maybe once I actually look better! 

Here is to my journey...

"Nobody ever said it would be easy, but it will definitely be worth it!!"

Peace

-Nexo-

No comments:

Post a Comment